Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI Monitor & Recorder
1280 x 720 On-Camera Monitor & Recorder - 5" IPS/325 DPI Touchscreen Display - Waveform, Vectorscope, Focus Peaking - Records 1080p30, 1080i60, 10-Bit, 4:2:2 ProRes or DNxHD Encoding and Playback - HDMI Input and Loop-Output - Records to 2.5" HDDs/SSDs - Cut and Tag Editing Tool - 2x Master Drive Caddies - Canon, Nikon Type Battery Adapters -
The Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI Monitor & Recorder features a 1280 x 720 resolution display with 325 dpi providing a sharp image, in a small monitoring package. It records up to 1080 30p/60i resolution via HDMI to an available HDD or SSD using either Apple's ProRes or Avid's DNxHD codecs. Recording at 10-bit with 4:2:2 color sampling, this unit provides you a monitoring and recording solution in one compact battery powered unit.
The Ninja Blade features an on screen display system that allows you to select the functions you wish to control with a touch of your finger. Select from waveform or vectorscope overlay to view the signals, focus peaking helps you to see what is in focus in your shot.
Blade accepts 2.5" HDDs/SSDs, which are sold separately. This is the full version, which includes a docking station that offloads these drives to your computer via USB 3.0/2.0. You also get a Sony-type NP-F570 battery, a charger, an AC adapter for continuous power, and two master caddies for available HDD/SSD It features two 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holed, one each top and bottom.
- 325DPI, 5" IPS 1280 x 720 capacitive touchscreen monitor/recorder.
- Waveform RGB & luma parade, vectorscope with zoom, and test pattern generator.
- Adjustable gamma, contrast and brightness.
- HDMI input and output.
- Real-time monitoring, playback, playout to a PC or Mac with QuickTime, and edit logging.
- Focus peaking, 0-100% zebra, and two modes of false color monitoring.
- Records 10-bit, 4:2:2 in ProRes or DNxHD.
- S-Log / C-Log recording.
- Trigger REC/STOP from camera (Canon, Sony, ARRI, Panasonic, RED, JVC)
- Timecode from camera.
- 2.5" HDD/SSD media storage.
- Uncompressed Recording
- The Ninja Blade records directly from from the camera's video output, bypassing in camera compression, allowing the unit to record at 10-bit, 4:2:2 to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD.
- AtomOS 5.0 Capacitive Touchscreen OS
- Blade's operating system, AtomOS, manages recording, playback, monitoring, and simple cut and tag editing via a capacitive touchscreen. AtomOS 5.0 supports alpha channel, transparency support, full waveform RGB and luma parade, and vectorscope with zoom.
- Cut and Tag
- AtomOS 5.0 lets you rough cut your footage, tag it as Favorite or Reject, and then save it as a project to be finished and polished in the studio. You can cut and tag short and long clips with transport controls and finite frame-by-frame accurate stepping.
- Synced REC Trigger and Timecode
- The Blade provides frame accurate timecode and start stop triggers over HDMI from many cameras, including Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, JVC, RED and ARRI. It also features LANC and rolling timecode trigger for those older cameras that don't have start stop flag protocols on board. The Blade additionally has tally lights to indicate start time.
- ProRes and DNxHD Encoding & Playback
- The unit encodes in your choice of Apple's ProRes and Avid's DNxHD codec and can also play back any ProRes or DNxHD file from any system, recorder or edit suite. You can take advantage of this playback capacity to take rushes on the road.
- HDD or SSD Storage
- It records to available 2.5" HDDs or SSDs, which are hot swappable. As SSDs are resistant to vibration they are ideal for shoots in rough conditions, such as on a race track.
- File Recovery
- In case you accidentally pull the power or remove the storage drive while recording, the operating system will detect the disruption and will reconstruct your file to within 2 frames.
- Audio Monitoring
- All audio, even analog, is locked frame accurately to every video frame, never drifting or losing sync. If digital audio is out of sync from the camera, you can even adjust sync on the fly by advancing or delaying incoming audio. The Ninja Blade monitors/records 2 channels of audio embedded in the HDMI signal, and 2 analog audio channels.
- The Blade is built with aircraft grade aluminum and features locking mechanisms for each removable part.
- Low Power Consumption
- Blade consumes only 6W of power and can be powered by the included Sony NP Type battery. The unit features two locking battery slots, and comes with a Nikon EN-EL15 type battery adapter plate, and an LP-E6 type battery adapter plate, allowing you to use batteries other than the Sony NP type to power the unit.
|Display||5" IPS (12.7 cm)
1280 x 720 resolution
|Connections||1x HDMI input
1x HDMI loop-output
|Recording||Up to 1080/30p/60i, 10-bit, 4:2:2 to ProRes or DNxHD
S-Log / C-Log
Synced REC trigger
|Playback||ProRes and DNxHD|
|Timecode||Timecode from camera|
|Audio Monitoring||Digital and analog locked frame accurately to every video frame|
|Operating System||AtomOS 5.0|
|Build||Aircraft grade aluminum; locking mechanisms for each removable part|
|Power Consumption||6 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Without battery: 5.5 x 3.4 x 1.6" (140 x 87 x 41 mm)|
|Weight||Unit only: 11 oz (310 g)
Unit with batteries & HDD: 21 oz (595 g)
Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI On-Camera Monitor & Recorder (Full Version)
Powered Docking Station with USB 3.0 & 2.0
Sony-Type NP-F570 Battery
Single Battery Charger
SanDisk 240GB SSD SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD
Rugged Carry Case
Price/Day : 250
|Rental Period||Rental Fees|